• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CDX CLUB?

WOW, what is going on with the cdx club, been away for a while and looks like it has died off! Like to hear back from yall!!

211, DXman and I hook up when Larry points that big ole beam down my way and hits my AstroPlane.

Yeah that can become a deal killer for sure! Sure do miss getting those dx contacts out there! I got out in 2004 because i needed to spend more time with family then my hobby! I still find myself getting back into the swing of things, but not sure to what extent! Probably going to keep it very simple (in my own way) :)! I wonder what i might can do to help get the cdx club jumping again, i know the economy has put alot of people out of business with there stations so there is probably alot of loss of operators out there, have a big love for the hobby still, when i do get back im out of the am business for good, regular cb has turned into crap and ssb really gets my blood flowing! Look forward to any ideas one may have to building the cdx club back to life, let me know!!!

I'd like to see a purge of inactive CDX numbers.

Mostly because some guy in the UK has mine and hasn't been heard from in years.:tongue:

Also because the solar minimum has caused many to to not be here anymore.

I've been here since '03 and can't remember alot of those on the current roster.

I definitely enjoyed those dx contests in the past. The solar minimum has kept me off the air for more than a few years now. Not much of a local talker, but sure love to shoot dx. Hopefully conditions pick up soon ....I need to burn some of the dust off my radio equipment..... Patiently waiting in Tampa Bay....CDX 311

Jim

I definitely enjoyed those dx contests in the past. The solar minimum has kept me off the air for more than a few years now. Not much of a local talker, but sure love to shoot dx. Hopefully conditions pick up soon ....I need to burn some of the dust off my radio equipment..... Patiently waiting in Tampa Bay....CDX 311

Jim

Miss hearing Ya on the band Jim. Maybe things will pickup a little this summer with some Sporadic E propagation in addition to some sunspot activity as well.

Wayne C.

What's up 211 and triple J. CDX-443 here.

I say we start it back up, what do you guys think? What happened to the guy running the show? I remember some drama way back..... I started a business and got married, now things finally settling down to where I can jack with the radios again, I still have my CDX Contest Winner clock hanging in my shop, still works too.... Too bad the CDX club doesn't work anymore... I would definately participate again, I really enjoyed the contests.

I say we start it back up, what do you guys think? What happened to the guy running the show? I remember some drama way back..... I started a business and got married, now things finally settling down to where I can jack with the radios again, I still have my CDX Contest Winner clock hanging in my shop, still works too.... Too bad the CDX club doesn't work anymore... I would definately participate again, I really enjoyed the contests.
DX contesting is an illegal act in the 11 meter band.

Hey 443!

Sorry I didn't get info posted for a September Contest. I've been involved in taking a continuing education class and this months contest slipped my mind. I have been posting info for contests but due to the lack of sunspot activity and conDX lacking as well there hasn't been much participation which is completely understandable. I'll make sure I get info posted for the October contest.

Wayne C.

DX contesting is an illegal act in the 11 meter band.

It doesn't say that in the rules... It says no communications over 150 miles.... Does not say "contest" or contacts, it says communications... If you are just taking numbers down, it's not illegal...

LOL, J/K, Kthanxbye!

Hey 443!

Sorry I didn't get info posted for a September Contest. I've been involved in taking a continuing education class and this months contest slipped my mind. I have been posting info for contests but due to the lack of sunspot activity and conDX lacking as well there hasn't been much participation which is completely understandable. I'll make sure I get info posted for the October contest.

Wayne C.

Understandable with the lack of DX.. To me, makes it more interesting, harder to do.. It does come in at times, but it's a little unpredictable from what I have seen so far... Years ago when the contests were still going strong, I had the pattern down. Just take a look at the weather, and I knew what time of day it was gonna hit from where! Helps that I get to sit in the shop with the radio on all day if I want :)... I am the boss here.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.