• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Chase Credit Card Holders Lookout!

To anyone that has a Chase credit card be sure to keep an eye out in the mail. I received a Change in Terms Notice today that says they are going to more than double my interest rate from 7.99% to 16.74%. They give you an OPT OUT option, But doing so will close your credit account with them. You will be responsible for paying off your balance at your current rate. There is one catch, Even if you OPT OUT over the phone they still need to receive a letter from you by December 19, 2007 otherwise even your closed account will be charged the new rate of 16.74%. If you are already paying a higher interest rate with them it will not go down. This change only effects those with an interest rate lower than 16.74%. It amazes me how these credit card companies are screwing people. There are many people that are not going to even look at these notices and by the December 19, 2007 deadline will be paying a ridiculous APR with no hope of making it lower. I hope by me notifying people will help some of you out.

is why they send all that junk
hoping you trash the info you really need
with the info you dont

cool in giving others a head up

my apr went up sometime ago already ..at one time i had a 8.99 or 9.99 with them but like stated i am paying near 16 percent now .we are looking for lower interest rate cards to transfer everything too.they will learn when they lose thier customer base due to these rediculous rates .

one time i called them and threatened to transfer all my balance to a lower rate card .....know where that got me?noplace they raised my apr even more after i said that .they...s&ck

Look into a line of credit that is tied to a credit card.That's what we have. It is a VISA line of credit with a rate of about 5%.A few years ago we consolidated any outstanding loans and brought it under a line of credit offered by the bank.We use the VISA card just as you would any other credit card and it is applied to the line of credit.The total available credit was tied to the equity we had in the house and now since the house is paid for I can go out and by a new Yaesu FTDX9000/MP for every day of the week and have a couple to spare with what my limit is. All at 5% interest too instead of the normal 16-18%. 8)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio