• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Check out what I picked up that I didn't need

Turbo T

Certified CB Rambo
Feb 2, 2011

Yep...I really didn't need it...and really didn't have the urge to get it...but dammit I had the cash and the price ($350) seemed too good to pass up....especially since I've seen people pay more for these on eBay (thought about listing there to flip it) So what the heck I got it....plus the ham radio shop seemed ignorant to the fact it was set up for 11 meters....anyways made 2 contacts to California with it on 38 LSB. I received a good report on one and the other said slight off freq. even though it had been sitting indoors all day at room temp...damn drifty radios...BTW if you've never had one of these, they're heavy as hell due to the built in amp inside. Oh and they have an 8 gauge power cord to go with them too. As for power numbers, look for around 40 w. carrier and at least 200 w. modulation.

Know the feeling, the bug bites and it calls your name lol. I am looking at the stryker 955hp. Not sure yet but I think that's my next radio. BTW, nice radio and good score, those things go for a good penny. The drift is a known issue with all galaxy radios. After they warm up they seem to work just fine. Should be a good ssb talker with all that power.

some people have all the luck. nice radio and a very cheap price. I never run into deals like this. maybe one day it will be my turn.

You got that right....when the bug bites.....

The funny thing is this radio sat for sale for weeks. I am surprised it didn't sell sooner.

Now I have this radio, my Omega force and my 257HP. Plus my 2 Yaesu rigs as well as my 2 Kenwood rigs.

Of course if someone wanted to buy I'd sell. I just wished I had a big enough amp for it. Looks like I need an 8 pill.

Well....isn't that part of what CBing is all about? "Mo' powah";)

In all seriousness, I guess because I'm used to having a 600 watt amp at the ready. It has 4 of the 2SC2879's in it. I figure a 98VHP would probably send it to an early grave if I tried to drive it with it.

.anyways made 2 contacts to California with it on 38 LSB. I received a good report on one and the other said slight off freq. even though it had been sitting indoors all day at room temp...damn drifty radios.

I always hear people saying "you're off freq" to each other. What if the guy who told you that was off frequency, and it wasn't you? People are always arguing about who's off frequency and it is silly. When I get done with a contact and I hear the next person slightly off frequency from me, I adjust my clarifier so I can talk to them.

Reactions: 4 people
I was getting 800 about can't remember I had to take out radio had issues with low power I messed up is what caused it but will check when back from DTB and there is a wire on inside that needs to be moved yo convert it

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.