• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Chinease Imports

NorthStar

Administrator
Mar 21, 2005
We don't need no more Chinease Imports. We need more self control. American made radios is what we need. Who's gonna answer the call?

Noone Jesse, because it would cost too much to make them here. Chinese, Taiwanese, Malaysian, Korean, Phillipino, etc. labor is dirt cheap. There is NO way an American company could turn a real profit. With the competition out there and the small markup percentage, it's futile.

I'd pay extra.

Tired of buying foreign crap.

Tried to buy American made cars and found out my Avalanche is hecho en Mexico . . . .

I'd pay extra.

Don't be sure. That DVD player might cost you 300$, instead of 50$.

Would you pay 1000$ for an export?

Many good amature radios cost 1000$. Lots cost more. 3000$ for a 706? no thanks.

If you can make a high enough quality product with a high level of customer support, and provided you have a sufficient market for a product, you could make an American made radio company successful. You would probably not be able to make it work on CBs or even lower end HAM radios since there are reasonably good alternatives to your product for less money. Chances are you'd have to do like Tentec does (for example) and cater to the high end consumers.

We just have to face it, most consumers simply do not care about supporting American workers, even if it's only a few dollars more they need to spend, when companies from other places are making similar products.

You're spot on Sandman. Perhaps TenTec isn't the best example, because they do cater to a smaller segment of the radio world. Although I've heard a lot of them on the air.

Only problem is, where ARE the American goods? I would be glad to buy American, and even pay a little more, but the goods just ain't there!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.