• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

COAX with STEEL BRAID

These right here can be used for RG59 coax.
Peel off the outer coating of the coax sufficient to place the connector, and fold the braid back over the outside of the coax. Slip the connector over the braid and use a hex crimper to compress the steel braid tightly. The inner conductor will be inserted into the tip. It is supposed to be crimped at the tip, too, but i have ground off the very tip and soldered the inner conductor instead.

pRS1C-2265742w345.jpg
pRS1C-2160546w345.jpg

Using heat shrink over the coax to crimp will prevent moisture from affecting the connector.

These right here can be used for RG59 coax.
Peel off the outer coating of the coax sufficient to place the connector, and fold the braid back over the outside of the coax. Slip the connector over the braid and use a hex crimper to compress the steel braid tightly. The inner conductor will be inserted into the tip. It is supposed to be crimped at the tip, too, but i have ground off the very tip and soldered the inner conductor instead.

pRS1C-2265742w345.jpg
pRS1C-2160546w345.jpg

Using heat shrink over the coax to crimp will prevent moisture from affecting the connector.

Thanks to everyone for the help. I took Homer's suggestion (above). The diameter of the CommScope coax was slightly bigger than RG59, and I found some connectors that would accommodate it. BUT ... no one had the crimpers so had to order them. Thanx again. 73s.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio