• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 148 gtl philly made 5 to 4 pin mod ?

curlyjo

Supporting Member
Nov 13, 2009
Southern Calidornia
Can anyone please show how to swap out the female 5 pin plug on a 93 philly made Cobra 148 GTL for a 4 pin the right way? Just want to make it more easy to change out different mics! Thanks.

Can anyone please show how to swap out the female 5 pin plug on a 93 philly made Cobra 148 GTL for a 4 pin the right way? Just want to make it more easy to change out different mics! Thanks.

to be done right you have to have a circuit board to do this since you are dealing with 2 grounds. a guy on another forum was developing them then I have not heard any more about them in a long while. he was making them to sell. I will look and see if he ever did finish this.If I remember right he has a shop in north Carolina.

Think it is a lot simpler than that IIRC. Pins 2 & 4 can be summed as they are both grounds. Don't know why someone would need to make another circuit board.

here is a link to the info about this from another forum.there can be problems with the 2 grounds when added together.hunted the info up for this. hope it comes through.

well it will not come through you have to log in. you can have some feedback problems with this set up. some people buy a 4 pin to 5 pin adapter and some are fine and some have audio feed back problems. if a person has any toys at all roger beep. talk back echo etc this will happen to you. just a heads up that this could happen.

one item to lay out on this Robb. have you ever installed a echo board and you can not hookup the main ground due to a feedback problem. the echo will squeal. it is even in the echo install instructions to leave the ground loose if you have a problem. I have a cobra 148 philly that has a feedback problem going to a 4 pin ,so had to put it back. I have a uniden grant LT that works fine. and both have echo in them for increased modulation.
just a little some thing for thought. might work and might not.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.