• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 148 gtl SSB Audio Flutter Malaysia Model

What’s the history of the radio as in any mods tunes or final swaps? How are you powering it? If it has a tiny power cord you might be starving it.

Reactions: AudioShockwav
Try this. Worked for me in the past on TX ssb warble. Not sure if you have tx or rx warble but you should do this anyway.

That's what I did to mine also, and the information I have on that issue also adds a capacitor. I don't remember where I found that but it was in my 148GTL notes.

"Cut trace on PC board between Pin 1 of IC6 and pin 2 of IC4 ( MB3756 ). Next, install a .1uf mylar capacitor at C136 and a jumper wire at J44. This corrects distortion on the SSB transmit audio"

Reactions: AudioShockwav
If it's transmit warble check you're getting enough voltage/amperage to the radio !
Fastest way to make a sideband radio warble and garble on transmit is to starve it for power.........
Messing with the bias of the drivers/finals can also turn sideband transmit audio to crap.
If it's receive audio that's the problem it could be a bad speaker or audio chip.
Just my 2 cents worth. As SP5IT said, an audio sample would be super helpful !

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.