• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 148F GTLDX+ who fixes them

Jan 19, 2009
I have a Cobra 148F GTLDX+ that has the balanced mondulator out of it.
I tried sending it to well known dealer but it came back just as bad if not worse then when we sent it .Way off frequency and digital display was now off as well. No output on USB sideband where the other LSB sideband works perfectly but still off frequency ..
The problem is on 10 meters they use USB and its a 10 meter radio.
If we had technical info on alignment I could do it myself but can't find any info.

Isn't the 148F alignment the same as a regular 148GTL?

I'm not sure, I'm asking...but I thought they were the same?

I can post the alignment procedure for a 148GTL if that's the case...it's floating around on the internet also.

The 148-F GTL DX isn't quite the same board as a regular 148-F GTL... alignments are a bit different.

The balanced modulator IC is an AN612 if memory serves correct. Sounds like it does need a good "gone thru". WHile I have the equipment and such to do this, and have worked on them in the past, it may be better to have a certified tech do it. Let me know how things go. Good luck!

-Exit

Thanks Guys

Well we did open it up and found out the board is a EPT690010Z
It has a ranger digital readout board inside as well.

Balanced ssb modulator is the an612 as the other gentleman stated. So I dont know why the other store couldnt find the part he needed anywhere. I guess he was looking for a wrong number as he told me some off the wall number. Charged me 40.00 and sent it back to me worse than what we sent it. Even the like new factory case screws had used ones put on. :headbang I know lsb output is solid and it has very little output on usb so odds are its the balanced modulator.

Radio is now fixed

Well looks like the Cobra 148 F GTL DX is now up and running . That was a :headbang er

Attachments

• missing limiter.jpg
    missing limiter.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 50
  • missing screw.jpg
    missing screw.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 47

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.