• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 200 GTL signal meter?

Steve Hurst

Sep 16, 2017
Allentown, PA
I have a Cobra 200GTL, the signal meter drops to zero when I key up on am or side band, works fine on receive. SWR and mod meter work fine. Their were noise toys in the radio and some wires were broken so I removed them. Could their be a wire to mic plug moved for the noise toys? They were Mr Jiggs toys two from the 70s when it was made. Hooked to 4 switches.

Also it had fried final from the kid keying it up with no antenna. I looked at the service manual and tried to set the driver and bias with a Ma meter and if I read it right just pull off the wire and put the meter in line with wire and pin? I did that and get no reading am I missing something? I see a vid on youtube and he has it hooked in line. Thanks for the help.

What does your external watt meter say the AM dead key is when you key up? Also there is no carrier on SSB so when you key the mic in LSB or USB mode but don't talk the meter should stay at zero watts.

It shows about 8 watts on my inline meter. The Rf, signal meter in the base just drops to zero. It does show receive signal when listing. The radio works fine just trying to fix all bugs, Sorry I should have said that in start of post, fixing it now.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.