• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 2000 GTL

• Thread starter 225 in the great lakes
  • Start date

225 in the great lakes

I HAVE A COBRA 2000 GTL THAT WHEN I TURN IT OFF IT SEEMS THE CHANNEL DISPLAY IS STILL LIT BUT IT IS VERY DIM.ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT IS CAUSING THIS?

</p>

I HAVE A COBRA 2000 GTL THAT WHEN I TURN IT OFF IT SEEMS THE CHANNEL DISPLAY IS STILL LIT BUT IT IS VERY DIM.ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT IS CAUSING THIS?

</p>

One of mine did this once and all it turned out to be was another bulb,behind one of the meters,was also burnt out.

Replaced it and all is well.

Not disagreeing w/what Justin is saying,just my experience.

good luck.Slim

slimsig.gif
</p>

One of mine did this once and all it turned out to be was another bulb,behind one of the meters,was also burnt out.

Replaced it and all is well.

Not disagreeing w/what Justin is saying,just my experience.

good luck.Slim

slimsig.gif
</p>

JustinDePolis said:
My post went away with the transfer of the forum. =) What I was saying is that sometimes a leaky capacitor is the culprit.

Are you refering to the frequency counter module? Fet-501 and Fet-502?

yeah my posts went away also and I had to re register and I just sent in payment for a 12 month subscription for ezSupporter,does this mean I lose that ?

I'd take odds on the leaky cap . Cobra 2000s .how they are becoming antiques ,just changed a voltage regulator in a friend of mines ,keep telling him to get rid of that dinosaur while the get'in is good !! I also see his power supply in the radio seems like it's get'in weak as well. Good look'in radios I would say over the years but to much maintanace on those puppies in there older years , freq counters nice but even those things take a dive and then what does one do ? pay a arm and a leg for a replacement ? IM not putting your radio down 225 ,it just reminds me of certain cars with about 150,000 miles on them ,first it's the water pump that goes then the alternator ect. ect. nickle and dime a guy to death. Good luck with your freq counter.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.