• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 2000 GTL

COBRA 2000?

I owned one of these a few years ago. They are very good radios. They usually have great audio quality. They may not have some of the bells and whistles the export rigs have but they do what they do VERY WELL. I did like real freq counter it had instead of the freq display like so many other rig's have on the market today. All in all I think they are a great CB radio.
I guess the only reason I sold mine was I got more than I paid for it. One of the few radios that hold their value over time.

I say if you like it, buy it and use it, and enjoy it.

73 for now, John

I love mine. I have had it since 1989 and still use it. I have a Kenwood TS 140S and I use the Cobra 2000 most of the time. Great modulation, great receive, great looking radio what more can you ask for. It doesn't have all the bell and whistles like some of the new Galaxy's have but for DX its great. Buy it!

got 1 also .love it. its best [cb] base radio imho. many have told me
the galaxy 2547 is a very close second but never had that radio to
compare it against

The frequency counters do show the extra frequencies and even track the clarifier. Great radio. You did good. The speakers alone go for stupid money on epay.

Those darn capacitors are dying!

I have put together a electrolytic capacitor kit for the Cobra 2000GTL. I can save you a lot of grief trying to source all the capacitors needed. Here they are, all in one package, ready to go!

Search eBay for "Electrolytic capacitor kit for Cobra 2000GTL - 140427230486" to get the details.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.