• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 2000gtl mods

• Thread starter Super Transmitter
  • Start date
S

Super Transmitter

there is a local guy here who's cobra 2000 does like 35 watts, How?? can somebody please tell me how this can be done for the 2000gtl and the uniden grant!? surly somebody here knows these power mods.

ST

</p>

there is a local guy here who's cobra 2000 does like 35 watts, How?? can somebody please tell me how this can be done for the 2000gtl and the uniden grant!? surly somebody here knows these power mods.

ST

</p>

ST, I was reading this thread, and I got to agree with what Nomad that has posted,and the Cobra 2000 is way to nice of a radio to try and do that kind of a mod to. You will have to seriously alter the radio to get close to what you are trying to achieve, the power supply will not handle the load for long without failure. The longevity of the radio components are going to suffer, and you can get a small amp and have better results.

IMHO.

The guy with the 35 watt 2000...ya it sounds good for bragging rights, but what kind of meter?, Peak watts?, who did the tune up on the watt meter?.....

2 cents.

Jeff

<span style="color:eek:range;font-family:helvetica;font-size:large;">RadioActive</span>

20040427_0100_eit_171.gif

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p067.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=audioshockwav>AudioShockwav</A> at: 1/8/05 7:05 am

ST, I was reading this thread, and I got to agree with what Nomad that has posted,and the Cobra 2000 is way to nice of a radio to try and do that kind of a mod to. You will have to seriously alter the radio to get close to what you are trying to achieve, the power supply will not handle the load for long without failure. The longevity of the radio components are going to suffer, and you can get a small amp and have better results.

IMHO.

The guy with the 35 watt 2000...ya it sounds good for bragging rights, but what kind of meter?, Peak watts?, who did the tune up on the watt meter?.....

2 cents.

Jeff

<span style="color:eek:range;font-family:helvetica;font-size:large;">RadioActive</span>

20040427_0100_eit_171.gif

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p067.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=audioshockwav>AudioShockwav</A> at: 1/8/05 7:05 am

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.