• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cobra 25 ltd wx classic voltage drop out

komododragon

Sep 11, 2012
cobra 25 ltd wx classic

i need some help figuering this out dont know where to start or what to look for. any help ?? cant find any manuals for this one online so im at a lost

so any one know how to fix this power problem ?

the video is showing what it is doing. listen closely to the sound you will hear it cutting out. also the mic works fine. the power cut out is at 23 sec and 36 sec in the vid. it dose it just being hooked directly to the batt and nothing eles hooked to that bat as will.

im putting in the full modle number cobra 25 ltd wx classic. cant find any thing with that exact name and number. 25 ltd wx classic

this radio you can see in the video has the weather switch and no bright/dim switch

Last edited:
I'd start by installing it properly and then seeing if there is an actual problem or if it is caused by half-assing the job. Usually its half-assing that is the cause.

Like I posted earlier; possibly bad solder joints.
After the radio begins to change temperature on the board after it is first turned on; then a bad solder joint has a chance to go open. But hey; what do I know?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.