• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 29 ltd off frequency?

805 california

Jun 29, 2016
San luis obispo, ca
So I adjust the transmit frequency dead nuts on 27.18500 and when I check it later the fluke frequency counter reads 27.18485? I let the radio warm up and I hook up rf sampler to frequency counter. How much off frequency can you be and still be OK on am? Thanks

You are letting the radio warm up for about an hour before you adjust anything aren't you? If not, give that a try. Most radios need some time to truly warm up to temp and stabilize. Might work.

I do not align freq unless the radio AND counter have both been on for at least 30 minutes. Also need to be done at a stable room temperature. Temperature shifts usually affects most radios, some will shift a lot and others shift little. Temperature also shifts the counter as well.

In AM mode, you will not notice freq shift in a radio unless it is more than 200hz +/-. In SSB mode, it is far more sensitive and more easily noticed.

Reactions: 222DBFL
I do not align freq unless the radio AND counter have both been on for at least 30 minutes. Also need to be done at a stable room temperature. Temperature shifts usually affects most radios, some will shift a lot and others shift little. Temperature also shifts the counter as well.

In AM mode, you will not notice freq shift in a radio unless it is more than 200hz +/-. In SSB mode, it is far more sensitive and more easily noticed.
10-4 thanks big dog

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.