• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 29 ltd receiver cans L7, L8 and L9

are you stating the slug in the center of the cans keeps turning forever? or what do you mean they are touchy. are you using the proper equipment to align them with. if the slug is bottomed out and you can keep turning it they are stripped out.

are you stating the slug in the center of the cans keeps turning forever? or what do you mean they are touchy. are you using the proper equipment to align them with. if the slug is bottomed out and you can keep turning it they are stripped out.
Just those three cans are a big flathead slug that never bottom out like the other cans l2-l6. I'm using a signal generator and a scope...

I know the ones you are talking about now., I have never tried to bottom them out so can not give you a answer as to why they do not bottom. I just peak them and go on. you do not need to bottom any of the cans. here is a service manual for the radio if you do not have one.
not sure dwhy you want to bottom any of the cans. some times that causes the slugs to jam and you have to pull the can out to get the slug to work again.

http://downloads.cobra.com/CB/Models/29-SERIES/29LTDalign.pdf

I know the ones you are talking about now., I have never tried to bottom them out so can not give you a answer as to why they do not bottom. I just peak them and go on. you do not need to bottom any of the cans. here is a service manual for the radio if you do not have one.
not sure dwhy you want to bottom any of the cans. some times that causes the slugs to jam and you have to pull the can out to get the slug to work again.

http://downloads.cobra.com/CB/Models/29-SERIES/29LTDalign.pdf
Yeah thanks, I'm new to all this so I like to see what happens when I go all the way direction or another. What do you use to align a receiver?

I use a BK2040 and a BK1040 to align the receive portion of a radio and a 100mhz scope when needed.
the bk1040 has a meter on it that I hook to the receive on my radio to peak rx on the radio.

805california,

those are the 455khz cans, and you will have an easier time finding the peak on them if you inject a 455khz signal in to the test point rather than just tuning them on 27mhz.

those coils are pretty broadbanded which is why you don't see much of a peak on them.

try doing it this way and see if you get better results.
LC

BTW- you are damaging the can itself when you try to bottom those coils out. the threads inside are not meant to withstand that.

Reactions: 543_Dallas
805california,

those are the 455khz cans, and you will have an easier time finding the peak on them if you inject a 455khz signal in to the test point rather than just tuning them on 27mhz.

those coils are pretty broadbanded which is why you don't see much of a peak on them.

try doing it this way and see if you get better results.
LC

BTW- you are damaging the can itself when you try to bottom those coils out. the threads inside are not meant to withstand that.
10-4 thanks. Yeah those cans are probably damaged then. I can still get them to peak out though.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.