• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 29. . . Since I am new to CBs and all

crmzendrgone

CB newbie
Nov 29, 2010
M town Arizona
Cobra 29. . . Sense I am new to CBs and all I hope my questions don't become annoying.

Why is there a Ch9 and Ch19 specific switch, is it not the same channel when on NOR??

Also what is the SRF stand for and used for above the SWR and CAL switch???

Thanks!!!!

Cobra 29. . . Sense I am new to CBs and all I hope my questions don't become annoying.

Why is there a Ch9 and Ch19 specific switch, is it not the same channel when on NOR??

Also what is the SRF stand for and used for above the SWR and CAL switch???

Thanks!!!!
no if you use the button ch 9 or 19 the aradio automatically goes there
i wouldnt use this switch id leave it on nor
the SRF=is for your meter use this setting to read signal strenth
and most likely be in this poistion most of the time
the SWR-CAL use this and the CAL round knob to check swrs using
built in meter
i thought you already knew as you made an earlier post about
using the built in meter.hopefully i worded all this right
alot easier for me to show someone then try to explain in
words.so hopefully more will chime in and word it all a lil better...lol

I guess that is pretty niffty that you can go straight to ch9, 19 that way then go right back to whichever channel you were on previously.

Well I know what the SWR and CAL are for. I was not sure what the SRF is for so when I am talking(transmitting, correct?) I should have the switch set to SRF and not SWR.

So for my sake and others, maybe.

The SWR and CAL switch are meant to be use only when calibrating/setting the SWR using the built in meter. All other times the switch should be placed in the SRF position.

TRUE/FALSE

SRF puts the meter in Signal / RF Output (Transmit) mode.

In that position, the meter will show the signal strength of incoming transmissions and it will also show you the relative signal strength of your outgoing transmissions.

I guess that is pretty niffty that you can go straight to ch9, 19 that way then go right back to whichever channel you were on previously.

Well I know what the SWR and CAL are for. I was not sure what the SRF is for so when I am talking(transmitting, correct?) I should have the switch set to SRF and not SWR.

The SWR and CAL switch are meant to be use only when calibrating/setting the SWR using the built in meter. All other times the switch should be placed in the SRF position.

TRUE/FALSE

You may keep the 'switch' in whatever position you desire, S/RF, or SWR, or CAL. Ideally however, you should only have it in CAL when adjusting your SWR CAL knob for full scale, and then switch over to SWR to check your antenna's Standing Wave Radio. I usually keep mine in the S/RF position; that way I can see my transmitted swing on modulation, and see my received signals' RF signal strength on receive.

Refer to your Cobra 29 owners manual for more.

Congrats & Good Luck

You may keep the 'switch' in whatever position you desire, S/RF, or SWR, or CAL. Ideally however, you should only have it in CAL when adjusting your SWR CAL knob for full scale, and then switch over to SWR to check your antenna's Standing Wave Radio. I usually keep mine in the S/RF position; that way I can see my transmitted swing on modulation, and see my received signals' RF signal strength on receive.

Refer to your Cobra 29 owners manual for more.

Congrats & Good Luck

Thanks

TRUE/FALSE

TRUE!!!

Without a user manual, this is what you get.

Just noticed another switch that I am not aware of the meaning.

First I would like to apologize for my questions I am sure they could be answered if I had a manual, but I do not so again I appreciate the info and patience in my ignorance.

Now that being said, there is a switch labeled NB/ANL ( I think) and ANL and OFF. What do those abrivations mean?

Thanks, Josh.

ANL stands for Automatic Noise Limiter and NB stands for Noise Blanker.

these are meant to quiet some of the crackling in your receive and cut out ignition and alternator noise.
they only affect the receive of the radio.

i leave mine on all the time, and have never come across an occasion where they would be better left off.

here is a link to a PDF of the owners manual for your radio.
this should help:

http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/cobra/29ltd_29ltd_st_29wx_st/graphics/29ltd-st_om.pdf

LC

Reactions: crmzendrgone

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.