• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 4 pin to Uniden 5 pin Adapter

Tripple Nickel

Jun 21, 2013
Monroe, Georgia USA
Just curious if anyone has used any Workman mic adapters, and does the adapter just plug into radio, and rewire the mic cord end only ? Did you use Astatic diagram or what ? I've got a amplified D-104 and want to put it on a MB8719 Washington. On another note, will the Mic gain + D-104 be too much audio ? I just bet someone on here has used before or using now. Let me hear your thoughts. Good evening and 3's to you/yours, everyone have a Happy New Year and a prosperous 2015.

AFAIK the adapter is a direct plug-in with no other mod required.

I took all of my 5-pin Cobras and Unidens and converted them to a 4-pin jack.

The D-104 is a very hot mic- I'd keep the gain near minimum and use the mic gain control on the radio for adjustment.

If you're handy with a soldering iron, not to difficult to make an adaptor. I cut the plug end off an old 5 pin mic, left 4-5 inches of wire (can leave it any length) and soldered the cut end to a 4-pin mic jack from an old radio. Then covered with heat shrink tube.

Here's a wiring diagram. Cobra/uniden share the same wiring.
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/att...85887-cb-mics-live-use-mic_plug_positions.jpg

I have one of those 5 pin to 4 pin adapters I use on my Cobra 2000 GTL so I can use the 4 pin Mic's, and have had no problems what so ever with it...Also use a D 104, a Turner Expander 500, and a Turner Plus 3 Mic with the adapter on the Cobra 2000 and all sound just fine...You just need to play with the Mic Gain on the radio and Mic itself to fine the right settings so you don't squeal or sound too over modulated...

I keep the radios Mic Gain at about 11:00, and the gain on the Mic's about half way...seems to work for me.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.