• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cobra 45wx

caspear1978

Jan 8, 2009
Is there anyway to tune up a cobra 45wx handheld, i was digging around in some old boxes and found this laying in one of them,,, put freash batterys in and seems to work out good, just wondering if there was anything else i could do to it if its possible at all, seems someone has added channels some how, i was going thru the freq range on here and it goes from 26.515 to 27.855, to me that seems like more then i need for an am rig but i just stick to 27.385 just so i can find out if theres any skip rolling or not, if there is i go out to the van and use the grant, but yea is there any way to tune it up or is there anything else that can be done to this hand held? mark

turning up the power on that handheld is not gonna make a difference on the receiving end. it will however drain your battery faster. use it the way it was meant to be used. (y)

turning up the power on that handheld is not gonna make a difference on the receiving end. it will however drain your battery faster. use it the way it was meant to be used. (y)

I'd agree with that.
Even if you turned it up; it would heat up the final output w/o any effective means to cool it.

Some of those Radio Shack 40 channel handhelds were capable of 1 watt. Must eat up a lot of batteries at an enourmous rate.

The best way to tune up a HT is upgrade the antenna. Here's one, but you may find an aftermarket one as well.

Cobra Radio
sa-4.jpg

SA-4
EXTENDED SUPER FLEX ANTENNA
28" Length - Super Flexible
Base Loading Coil
BNC Connector
Extremely Lightweight
Protective Tip
Dramatically Extends Transmit Range And Receiver Sensitivity Performance
For 27 MHz Handheld CB Radios

thanks again for the info, that site will help alot, i was looking for a power plug for it and they have it there , the antenna looks like the best way to go as far as a little bit more range thanks again for the help,,,,mark

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.