• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 89xlr

I am at a loss on this radio. ever time you do one thing seems like some thing else goes wrong. if I think of some thing I will post it. wish some one would have a sams 124 book so you could get the trans voltages from it to know what they should be.

Reactions: Robb
JMHO - Since he has recapped the radio and cannot find the problem(s), it might be best for him to finally pass it off to a shop. I mean; it isn't exactly easy to find all radio problems and answers on a forum. If he cannot troubleshoot a radio; then he has hit his own wall. Think he has done well and tried admirably.

Last edited:
No it doesnt. It switchscuts voltage off to one wire on the switch
A power issue, or wiring.. Get the p.a. mode to work first so you know the audio chain is ok.
Even if the audio stage was dead you should still be able to transmit a dead carrier.. in cb mode that is
This radio has issues my friend, it's hard to say what without looking at it.
Maybe someone modified it, and it's not quit back to original?

Reactions: Robb
I just ordered the sams 124 book and it will be here next week. hopefully it will have a voltage chart for your radio and maybe then you can find what is going on with your radio. just not sure why you do one thing and some thing else goes out.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.