• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra/Dynascan 148GTL Parts

Intimid88or

Jul 2, 2009
I am looking for the part values of L39 and L42 on a old Cobra 148 GTL this a Dynascan era radio. If no one knows the part value can someone tell me where to buy them. Thank you!

looking at a pcb layout i have here im comeing up with L39 s a 470uh and L42 is a is2075k the other number i have on it is LB209,, on the L42 im not sure hwich is the value but those are the two numers i have on them, hope this helps you out a little bit,,,,,mark

Reactions: brandon7861
BUMP Same coils as Uniden washington L33 & 35

I'm working over the driver and final section of a 8719 Washington, and L35 is burnt through the plastic shrink tubing. Did anyone find out the value of these choke coils, Service manual for the newer 148's says Kel-149LH-3 for the part # and the description says Coil Choke 4x0.8x8T:R.

Now I'm assuming the 4 refers to a 4mm dia form, but from there I'm lost. Sure wish I had a donor board, LOL , if anyone has one I'd be happy to buy one from someone, whole chassis or just a few parts....

Thanks

I know this is a very old thread, but I wanted to put this out there for anyone who wants to know. The service manual for the Ranger TR-296GK (same board as 1995 malaysia side mic 148GTL lists the inductance as 470nH. They use a different part number (ECCHK16000), but it is the same choke.

I just spent all night making a calculator in excel that calculates all of the parts from the final out to the antenna jack based on transistor output impedance, RFC included, and now that I see what they did (and have modeled it in simsmith), I can say with certainty that this value can be varied from about 330nH to 10uH, just don't go under 200nH. The calculator is coming soon in a post of its own. I'm going to bed now lol.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned