• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cobra plus probums

donbia

May 11, 2014
I have a cobra plus that is stick on 9, I have tried to move the select button to lock 9, up and down many times, with no change. I have of late cleaned the main board with alcohol on the trace side, there was some corrosion on it, in back of the the board. I checked the sodered connections by the switches and the tunning buttons, seemed OK?

I have a cobra plus that is stick on 9, I have tried to move the select button to lock 9, up and down many times, with no change. I have of late cleaned the main board with alcohol on the trace side, there was some corrosion on it, in back of the the board. I checked the sodered connections by the switches and the tunning buttons, seemed OK?

The main probum is the switch. The second probum is that the Cobra plus series is probumatic. Take the switch out and bypass it with some soder.

Reactions: 1 person
Not to be a Don Downer here but the Plus series is kind of the Ford Mustang II of the Cobra line. Neither model was especially good and remains a dark spot on the companies history.

I do know that the Mustang II was so bad that Ford won't even acknowledge that they ever made it. Go to any Mustang museum and you won't see one.

Pretty sure Cobra feels the same way about the plus series.

Reactions: 1 person
I ran across this before.
Its in the switch. I dont remember what i did to fix it but if you pull the face plate off and take a good look at the button. I seem to remember the button was the oroblem. I think i took another button off the radoo and switched them. Or something like that. Not a switch problem. Just the button.

Plus its not worth fixing as you can by them new for around 40 bucks and they are not very good radios as everyone is saying.

Sent from my damn phone!

Not to be a Don Downer here but the Plus series is kind of the Ford Mustang II of the Cobra line. Neither model was especially good and remains a dark spot on the companies history.

I do know that the Mustang II was so bad that Ford won't even acknowledge that they ever made it. Go to any Mustang museum and you won't see one.

Pretty sure Cobra feels the same way about the plus series.

The Plus series had serious LED burnout problems. The Soundcrappers were way worse than the plus series and the made in china cobras are just awful.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.