• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Coffee splash on at5555 lcd

123kid

Mar 6, 2012
I was in the mobil popped the cap off my ice coffee and two dots hit the right side of the screen.I used my sleeve to wipe it dry and when i got home used a damp piece of tissue to wipe then dry it.I turned it on and noticed my signal meter at the 30+ mark flashed out intermitenly but then all was well happened again then not again after that i waited ten minutes and all was good.Could this have been from me applying pressure or did liquid get in?Im hoping it was pressure.

tested again

Tested again and was fine i blew into that corner and it happened again a few seconds later then not again after im wondering the moisture from my breath caused it.I hope this doesnt screw my radio up i would be pissed love this radio.I get ocd about stuff like this i baby my equipment.

One point sometimes overlooked is the static created when you rubbed the screen to remove the droplets. Breathing on the screen and fogging helps dissipate the static. Pressure can be an issue, but seems to effect screen only when in contact. I can't say for sure that is what is happening, but something I have experienced myself.

Mike

hmm

Its still doing it but static may be the culprit....did yours do it do you have a anytone?it happens once or twice after i turn it on then it doesnt do it.Its just the right side it dims comes back dim then stops.

thanks

im gonna try that today.irritates me how shitty radios are made now a days.I bought three radios in the past couple and they all had their issues brand new.My galaxy 979 had ground issues this radio with its screen and my 2950 with low output power in the lower bands on ssb.I had many brand new mics fail.Just all cheap garbage.

Reactions: 1 person
It's not an Anytone. Can't say when I 1st noticed static effecting LCD displays. I have been working in the electronic field forever... Now retired so it could have been anytime in the last, well lets just say long time. :D

Mike

Its still doing it but static may be the culprit....did yours do it do you have a anytone?it happens once or twice after i turn it on then it doesnt do it.Its just the right side it dims comes back dim then stops.

ok

hopped in the truck hasnt done it all day i wiped it with a dryer sheet to be safe.I have not started the car with the radio on today it seemed like it was doing that when i went that route.I start the car and then turn it on and no problems maybe it was a voltage issue.

It's not an Anytone. Can't say when I 1st noticed static effecting LCD displays. I have been working in the electronic field forever... Now retired so it could have been anytime in the last, well lets just say long time. :D

Mike

Large faced analog meters were even worse. At our FM transmitter site we kept a bottle of Windex handy for spraying the three inch meter faces on the old Gates FM transmitter as well as the large face of the Tripplet multimeters we carried. You could make the meters read anything just by waving your hand across the face.As soon as you sprayed the meter the needle would fall to zero.We had the cleanest meters in the country. :laugh:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.