• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Coily Enforcer Downunder

Old Pirate56

Apr 24, 2005
Auckland New Zealand
I finally got my Mr Coily Enforcer Base Antenna up and was really pleased with the results.Antenna full height is just under 66 ft to the top of the antenna.
It is replacing my Shakespear 21ft 5/8 NBS 2010 which is being moved down to our beach house. Big problem with the Shakespear as with most fiberglass antennnas was trying to eliminate TVI completely. In this region TVI is a major problem, TV Channel 2 tx's on 55mhz and after trying to eliminate it on the Shakespear as much as possible I was not 100% successful but did manage to reduce it significantly.
After emailing a number of owners of Enforcer Base antennas they all suggested that one of the ground planes was the way to go.
I ordered the antenna from Dan and he was great to deal with, good communication and nothing was two much trouble for him.
The antenna went together very quickly and was childs play to assemble.
First tx gave less than 1.2 to 1 swr and this was running over 400 watts pep.
After previously testing the Shakespear against the Imax I found the two antennas to be the same in performance but the Enforcer picked up about 1 1/2 S units on both tx and rx on the other two. This was confirmed by three friends living approximately 40 miles away from our base. This improvement was consistant from the NZcb band 26.330mhz-26770mhz and also up on the free band.
We got a great performing antenna and absolutely no TVI.
Longest groundwave contact so far has been 110 miles south and 90 miles north. Skip was in last night and had many contacts into Australia and the States.
Dan, Thanks for all the help and being so patient and answering every email. Looks like you have another very satisfied customer.
Murray

Great info pirate. What freqs do you run. Would love to hear you out there. I run a Pogostick. Have had good luck with it but going to try somthing else this spring.

Coily Downunder

Mr Clean, I usually listen on 27.475 lsb but also 38 lsb on the standard 40. Here in NZ we have our own band of 40 channels 26.330 to 26.770. SSB call channel is 35 26.720 lsb.
The Coily is working just as Dan said it would and works great from the bottom of the NZ band to the top of the free band.
Murray

Old Pirate56 said:
After previously testing the Shakespear against the Imax I found the two antennas to be the same in performance but the Enforcer picked up about 1 1/2 S units on both tx and rx on the other two. This was confirmed by three friends living approximately 40 miles away from our base. This improvement was consistant from the NZcb band 26.330mhz-26770mhz and also up on the free band.
We got a great performing antenna and absolutely no TVI.
Longest groundwave contact so far has been 110 miles south and 90 miles north. Skip was in last night and had many contacts into Australia and the States.
Dan, Thanks for all the help and being so patient and answering every email. Looks like you have another very satisfied customer.
Murray

Thank you Murray :!:Been burried at the shop or i would have posted sooner,,,But i am Glad i had the chance to set you up with my pre built,pretuned and good right out the box Coily .64 base ! "1.5 db gain" and only 3 minute setup time,,I think you beat my best time :LOL: got to love that easy setup and great numbers it lays down,,i had a customer call me the other day and he gained 2 db right now!! He gets accused of running extra power.....Have a Great weekend,,and if you ever need a thing feel free...And back to work i go!! And i do send flowers your way,,, I am putting up a 35 foot 5 element Optimized Coily Yagi, maybe some day i can swing it around and catch you on the band"MURRAY"I have your pictures posted in case you wanted to see"..73sssCoily :Wavey
WWW.MRCOILY.COM

Re: Coil Enforcer

Old Pirate56 said:
Thank's for a great product Dan and look forward to seeing pictures of those yagi Antenna's when you get them 73's Murray

Thanks Murray they will be impressive!! Finishing up my 3 element and working on the 35 foot 5 element so i will get some stuff up in the future,Been way to busy as it sits but slowly getting the beams going...Have a great day.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.