• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Connector help

biferi

Jul 29, 2008
I found a Web Site that shows you how to make a Dipole Antenna without having to cut a Coaxial Cable.

It says you will connect the Coaxial Cable Feed Line to an SO239 Plug and that Plug is ware you can atach you two Wire Leads.

When I call Radio Shack they tell me that the SO239 Plug has a standard BNC Connector on one and and the other end you will have to screew into something.

I thought it would have two Leads coming off of it.
The Web Site is
www.mattstuff.nq.nu/antennas/dipole.html
Thanks

I have a feeling that you and the Radio Shack employee just weren't communicating very well. There is no BNC connector associated with an SO-239 connector, two different type connectors altogether.
That web site shows a simply made center insulator with an SO-239 (chassis) connector mounted in the center. One terminal of that SO-239 is in the center, one is one of the holes for a mounting bolt, all on the backside of the connector. The front of that SO-239 connector is where a PL-259 connector (on the end of the coax) screws on.
Not all of them, but most Radio Shack employees simply do not have any idea of what electronic parts are, or what they are for. No idea what the likelihood of finding a knowledgeable 'RS' employee would be in your area, so good luck!
- 'Doc

I found a Web Site that shows you how to make a Dipole Antenna without having to cut a Coaxial Cable.

It says you will connect the Coaxial Cable Feed Line to an SO239 Plug and that Plug is ware you can atach you two Wire Leads.

When I call Radio Shack they tell me that the SO239 Plug has a standard BNC Connector on one and and the other end you will have to screew into something.

I thought it would have two Leads coming off of it.
The Web Site is
www.mattstuff.nq.nu/antennas/dipole.html
Thanks

:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang

Over the past several weeks you have been told many times and even provided with links to sites explaining how to build a dipole.Included were several ways to connect the coax cable to the antenna as well as what type connectors to ask for. Have you STILL not made it yet?

You yourself provided the link to this website.

Build the antenna as the pictures show.

You CAN follow pictures, right? (It seems that you have problems with written instructions.)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.