• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

connex 3300

connex 3300 hp

i had a rebel 3300 hp all i had done was p/t and channel conversion. no power mic either. Something about those stock mics make them loud , i dont know what it is about them but they are loud

When I set up one of those radios, I change the AMC timing cap (C133) from a 10uf down to a 4.7uf or 3.3uf. It gives the TX audio more snap. I also change the mic preamp's (IC4) feedback resistor (R165) from a 270k to an 820k. The resistor mod may lead to feedback depending on your mic, but if it happens, just back down the mic gain a bit. I find that opening the AMC POT's all the way gets just the modulation level that I want. With the timing cap change, the radio won't appreciably overmodulate (assuming you don't turn the carrier level too high). The idea is have the carrier set so that mic audio clipping is just at the ragged edge of happening.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.