• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Connex CX-566SB

Hmm.. Another SSB radio with no freq counter. :mad: Why can't someone make a SSB rig with a 6 digit freq counter and no drifting issues?:unsure: I'm tired of having to add a freq counter as a external unit to my radios. I can't seem to find one with a counter just a freq display and I agree this is one FUGLY radio. I'm sure someone on here is going to comment on my drift box 949 yer it drifts and that is why I would love to replace it but can't find what I want.

the RCI 29xx radios are stable and have the 6 digit counter .

Ranger Communications, Inc.

I have to say all my years of playing with SSB radios seems anything with a uniden chassis, cobra, grant and some or the realistic radios were rock steady on SSB. I've also had very good luck with Lafayette and Johnson sidebanders not like there new Galaxy drifter like a sailboat radios

Okay folks - first look pictures are up tonight. Ranger EPT069611A board inside.

CONNEX CX-566SB SSB CB Radio Photo Preview

It was late and I only had 10 mins to turn it on, mess with a couple of things and key up.

AM seemed fine - SSB had a 15 watt carrier upon key up in USB and LSB....something is not right from the get go. Going to check it out a bit more tomorrow and give someone a call as well.

Comes with a noise canceling type microphone (basically the ranger SRA-198 I believe).

More to come.

git 'er dun cb mag man:pop:

"Notice the extra LED in the channel display."

hmmmm ??? wassupwitdat ?

Last edited by a moderator:
yes the 2950 has a frequency display not a counter, it only reads what its programed to, not the actual frequency it is on. you can make it show whatever you want. put one side to side with a real radio and you will see its a toy.

my bad , i saw connex and just figured it was another export .

is this still available ?

Texas Ranger TR-696F
Texas Ranger TR-696FD1 Review

its all good booty.the texas star feedom 1 was a nice cb. no there not made
anymore either. unless someone has some new that never sold.im excited cause
not manty choices in 40 ch. cb radios here they are
galaxy-949,959,979,2547 base
cobra 148 [front mic jack]
i think for the most part the galaxys inside are all the same. so really
theres ONLY 2 choices for 40 channel cb radio

Got my Connex 566 today, better than what I expected, after a short warm up period all the local guys sounded dead on frequency with the calirfier on center slot and they said I was sounding very good audio and signal wise on SSB, even though it is supposed to be the same board as the 959 galaxy i had, this one is a ton more stable no doubt. I got it from Redman CB here in NJ 239 with free shipping, if anyone is thinking about one just go for it I sure like mine and the light show is a big plus no doubt

Have to say after using this Connex CX-566SB for a week now I am pleasantly surprised for a 200 dollar radio. I did purchase the seperate frequency counter that plugs in the back it's about 4 cycles off when cold but after a 15 minute warm up it stays on 50 for the rest of the day, talked a lot of DX yesterday with great audio reports, this one is a keeper for sure.

Don't see echo. What self-respecting truck driver would want a Connex radio without echo?

Wow, Here we go again with the Truck Driver B.S.

I run a Rci-2950dx with a Palomar Magnum and a Wilson antenna for my set up out there on the road. Sorry Weasel, I don't use Echo. And as far as being Self Respected, After 35 yrs. I outta be. Enough Said.

i think WW was making a funny :LOL:
but connex is famous for their echo and one of their radios not having it is odd .
was the connex just stable on AM after warming up ? or was it stable on ssb also ? stability on ssb is where most export and cb radios fail the most .

I use sideband 99% of the time so what I quoted was on 39 lower side, I could care less about AM, to work ok there it just has to be close LOL. it's 1:24pm here, I've had it on since 8am and it hasn't moved frequency since like 815 on SSB

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.