• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Connex echo board Installation....need help

razor

Feb 27, 2006
I was given a echo board taken from a Connex radio. I was wanting to install it into a Tram 201. Is this possible? If so can someone give me some help. I know the the Tram 201 runs on 110 volts but somewhere in it there should be a 12 volt source??? I looked for a web site with instructions but couldn't find a thing.

I may try to put this in a box and make it where I can use it on several radios, feeding it with my astron pwr supply.... Any one with some experience with this , please let me know. Seems pretty simple but you know how that goes. I have most of the parts at my disposal..... Just for the record. I like just a touch of echo.... an no more. For me it would be good to improve the audio of some of the older rigs. IMO.

If I remember right, the Connex/Galaxy echo boards uses an 8 volt supply. So you might want to add a resistor inline on the 12 volt supply to bring it down to~8 volts. I've seen people use 12-13 volts....but I believe 8 is correct. 73's, Pluto.

Pluto you are right the brown wire needs an 8v supply or whatever the power is color wise my echo board has brown lead for the 8v supply.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.