• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Corrosive glue removal tip

sunbulls

Apr 25, 2017
I’ve been removing glue on all my radios that need it. Mikes Radio Repair YouTube videos cover the subject extensively, but I think some may not be aware of one other technique that’s been saving me valuable time. I usually start removal by carefully pushing the glue up with a miniature flat head screwdriver until I have enough of it to grab unto with my needle nose. The trick is to pull on it just enough to start winding the glue around the end of your needle nose. If you ever pulled away this glue without winding it, you know what usually happens. The glue will snap off and leave you with just a tiny piece. By keeping your glue windings close to the surface, it will often pull the glue away from otherwise difficult areas like component holes or other enclosed spaces. Simple method, but reasonably effective without the use of any harsh chemicals.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.