• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CPI info needed

mechanic

Mar 4, 2009
North coast of the USA.... Da UP!
Well I scored two CPIs! A CPI CP2000 base with original mike and a CPI CP400 mobile with original mic and base/power supply stand! Also all documentation!
The base seems to work fine and the IC chips internally show a date code of 1982 and older. There are four added switches, two are momentary push and two are two position. I am sure the two position are for channel and 5 kcs up but the momentary a noise toy and the other goes to the main PLL board. The noise toy I removed but the other is unknown function.
The noise toy has an EPROM and may be a ping synthesizer. It is in a red plastic boot with cap but that is about all I can see. Date code on the small ICs are about 1993 or so and SMD, the EPROM is not.
CP400 is down and out as it sputters on power up, I'm guessing caps need replacement and I will be doing that to the 2000.
These were owned by a local CBer who knew a good radio! He passed a few years ago....

Any input on these would be greatly appreciated!

73 mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.