• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CQ serenade

LeapFrog

Wielding Hanlon's Razor
Feb 15, 2016
Anchorage, Alaska

I'm sure it's been seen and posted before, enjoy!

One question, what does Stan Gibilisco mean at the end of his videos when he says the following?
..Shall always translate to: di-di-dah di-dah
Or is it di-di-dah-di-dah without the pause?
I tried for a split second to translate that, by reading some google search results, i'm lost apparently.

Thank You
&​
Best Regards​

Last edited:

That is one of a list of CW signals called a "prosign". A signal composed of more than one alphabetic letter that carries a particular meaning. Kinda like a "Q" signal.

Printed versions would place a bar above the two letters "SK" to indicate you don't leave a space between the two letters when you send them.

Another one is "AR". Can't remember what that means.

The letter "K" by itself is the CW equivalent of "over", to indicate that you have switched back from transmit to receive mode. The prosign "SK", means you're signing off, that you're turning it over to the other station and signing off, both.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.