• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

crystals

thats pretty funny . 10-4 good buddy crystals

Right up there with the saying - fine business they use on ham bands

thats pretty funny . 10-4 good buddy crystals

Right up there with the saying - fine business they use on ham bands

If indeed that's all the OP was talking about "10-4 good buddy crystals" then one should not get bent about something that CB'ers coined themselves. Maybe it isn't and we will have to wait for him to respond and see.

I've seen Jeff's ads on Ebay for years, and think it's more of him understanding his market very well. Who else is going to buy those crystals for an FT 101 rig? CB'ers and freebanders are really the only ones. Same thing goes for the wide AM filters for the 101's. He states "don't gripe at me for the prices being driven up so high, it's the CB'ers that are creating the demand". Not too many of the ham AM guys chase down the FT 101's for amateur use. Perhaps he is being snide, or perhaps he thinks it is funny. Who knows? What I do know is that I have read his reviews, and he seems to get very good reports for repairing the FT 101 series of transceivers, and giving free advice.

RT307

Well I see no one jumped on his smoking deal, so I guess that speaks volumes...

An old ham I know was having an issue with his old 101. Just for the hell of it, I had him message him thru ebay. Jeff diagnosed his problem and sold him the parts he needed, all at a reasonable price.

Everyone was happy.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio