• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

D104m6 mic Lincoln 2 +

The radio provides power to the stock mic on pin 6. I don't know if not connecting that would allow the use of an Astatic mic or not.
Otherwise the wiring would be:
1. White
2. Black
3. Red
4. Not Used
5. Blue/Shield
6. Power from radio (not used for aftermarket mic)
The mic may also not be compatible with the radio. I don't know if it requires an electret mic or not.
President Lincoln II+ Mic wiring..jpg

Here you go.

Just don't connect the pins 3 and 6.

I don't know if it requires an electret mic or not.
It doesn't require one but they seem to have better audio with an electret cartridge. The stock mics usually do a great job with Lincoln IIs. An amplified mic may just overdrive the audio without improving your sound or SSB signal strength at all. Those radios have pretty good audio for an "Export" right out of the box.

7 3

Reactions: 999
The stock mic does use an electret element, crisp and clear, just not much bass. I like to use the elements from a telephone handset, not in place of, but in addition to. The best way to tell what a microphone sounds like, is to listen to your transmit signals using another radio with headphones and no antenna.

Reactions: Woody-202 and 999
Here you go.

Just don't connect the pins 3 and 6.
Thank you

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.