• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DAK D-104 MICROPHONE WIRING?

W4KVW

ICOM CENTRAL.7610,9100,PW-1,HEIL FIN & HEIL PR-781
Oct 2, 2010
Macclenny,Fla.
I am sure PLENTY of you know the answer to this question but here I go.Is the microphone wiring diagram for the DAK MK IX the same as the 4 wire Cobra & many other rigs for an ASTATIC GOLDEN EAGLE or NIGHT EAGLE D-104? Thanks for some QUICK answers because I know they are going to be FAST & CORRECT! :whistle:

SIX-SHOOTER

???????

Astatic (6 wire)
1- White
2- Shield
3- Blue
4- Red
Black- N/C
Yellow- N/C

Dak Mark IX Service Manual

Is that the SAME as the 4 wire COBRA & MANY more wiring? TWO of my D-104's are wired with 4 pin plugs for COBRA & others but wondered if they would need REWIRING for a DAK MK IX without taking the plug OFF to see? :LOL:

Thanks AGAIN,
SIX-SHOOTER

DAK wiring

Well it looks like I'll be keeping the NIGHT EAGLE D-104 as well just for the UNIDEN "WASHINGTON" & I'll REWIRE the GOLDEN EAGLE for the DAK MK IX. Man I was HOPING they would be the same since I needed the CASH for the NIGHT EAGLE.NOW it's a MUST keep! :eek: THANKS AGAIN! I could just rewire the INSIDE of the radio microphone jack to my microphone plug & sell the NIGHT EAGLE!

SIX-SHOOTER

Last edited:
I am sure PLENTY of you know the answer to this question but here I go.Is the microphone wiring diagram for the DAK MK IX the same as the 4 wire Cobra & many other rigs for an ASTATIC GOLDEN EAGLE or NIGHT EAGLE D-104? Thanks for some QUICK answers because I know they are going to be FAST & CORRECT! :whistle:

SIX-SHOOTER
The Dak microphone is not wired the same as a Cobra. There may be another radio that's wired the same but I don't know what it is.

Dak Mark IX Microphone Wiring

Astatic (4 wire)

1- White - Audio
2- Shield - Shield
3- Black - Replay for RX
4- Red - Transmit

IF you can understand this...

1645744538051.png

Their wiring is as follows...

Pin 1 AUDIO
Pin 2 Ground
Pin 3 TX - Grounds Pin 4
Pin 4 RX/TX switch (Relay coil power)

So, if you were thinking this thru...

You really only need 3 wires - similar to the Galaxy where Pins 1 and 4 are grounded all the time - in this radio - Pins 2 and 3 are "grounded all the time"

So, you can then use

Pin 1 Audio
Pins 2 and 3 Ground / Shield (Short together all the time on JACK of the radio)
Pin 4 RX (out) TX (in)

Just in Galaxy perspective, you have the same wiring - only the plug mirrors Pin 1 and 4 and 2 and 3... As if you were assembling Mic wiring in a mirror - it's upside down flipped.

IF you can understand this...

View attachment 57612

Their wiring is as follows...

Pin 1 AUDIO
Pin 2 Ground
Pin 3 TX - Grounds Pin 4
Pin 4 RX/TX switch (Relay coil power)

So, if you were thinking this thru...

You really only need 3 wires - similar to the Galaxy where Pins 1 and 4 are grounded all the time - in this radio - Pins 2 and 3 are "grounded all the time"

So, you can then use

Pin 1 Audio
Pins 2 and 3 Ground / Shield (Short together all the time on JACK of the radio)
Pin 4 RX (out) TX (in)

Just in Galaxy perspective, you have the same wiring - only the plug mirrors Pin 1 and 4 and 2 and 3... As if you were assembling Mic wiring in a mirror - it's upside down flipped.
Thank you Handy Andy for the info... Dan

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Everything is El Dead-o. Joy!
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Please advise me to what is a good replacement mic for my SR-497HPC... Answer: 497 is "wired like Cobra", so many choices available. That radio does not need a power mic, so purchase a stock "coffin style" mic with a decent cord, like the ones that Astatic uses. The Superstar DM-507 is my go-to. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3050474478...adANq91JSiEEnz8EGqPJRBloTgEyaVsBoCtoMQAvD_BwE $12.99 + .99 cent shipping.