• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dak Mark X S.S.B. Radio

Crossbow

Mar 25, 2016
I have a Dak Mark X S.S.B. radio that lights up but does not work.
If anyone wants it you can have it for free. Just pay the shipping cost to get it to you.
Keep in mind this thing is huge and weighs a ton.

Attachments

• 1226161448.jpg
    1226161448.jpg
    686.4 KB · Views: 44

Yep 711 is now the proud owner of this unit. Wish him the best of luck finding the parts and getting this unit put back to working order.

I am cleaning out my closet getting rid of a lot of stuff that I will never repair so why not offer it to someone learning the trade or wanting items to repair. Got a couple of Grants and one 148 that are not working. Got to find the covers for them then I will offer them up for the shipping and handling. Figure $20.00 bucks per radio should be a fair price. Last time I shipped a radio it was like eighteen and change for shipping.

I would've owned it, had I seen this sooner. Oh well. lol

~Cheers~
Dude... The only thing impressive about that radio is the large quantity of air inside it.!
Now if you could rewire the controls to a fitment of a 148 board.... then you'd have something... just not worth it.

The DAK radios remind me of the late 70's Morse/Electrophonic stereo receivers peddled by Roses, Murphys, K-Mart and the like. They were huge things and impressive to look at. But the innards? 10 watts per channel at 10% distortion. Also full of an impressive amount of air inside.

Reactions: Robb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.