• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dave Made Choice

I am pretty sure that Cherry Popper Chris is making the Dave Made Mobi amps. They are decent amps for what you pay. I applaud anyone that makes CB amps in this day and age; it's kind of a lost art. I guess it beats heavy lifting.:)

STD! Good to see you're still around. I haven't been drunk at 9am since you and Billy came to Texas. Hope you're doing well.

I remember stories like that . . . how-did-I-wind-up-in-Belize-mornings?

Or that everyone on the jail staff knows an awful lot about you. The smiles aren’t at all malicious. Ah, more like neighborly . . .

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
STD! Good to see you're still around. I haven't been drunk at 9am since you and Billy came to Texas. Hope you're doing well.

That was a great time 543. I'm still kicking. Been playing radio again. Got a nice bench all set up. Told Peak I need to head to Tejas for a visit again soon !

Yo 44 Mag. Hope all is well my friend. Tell everyone at the camp I said hello, and looking forward to some conditions to the N.E.
You still have the Red Burban ?
I need to make a trip out again, for a late night Geno's run. lol
Take care

446 Arizona
HEY STD, hope your doing well also. I am in NC now, Raleigh area. The red suburban w 2 20s still at the shop , still in the "family" so to speak . I will tell Dave you said wassup, I will see him after new year. I need his VNA to build an antenna for the house here.
If we meet at shop I promise we do a Genos/Pats run one night ..

Happy new year brother !!

Reactions: smalltiredart
I like those cases.

Just ordered a M80 2x hg2290 because I could not resist. Just hope under the hood looks as good as the outside.
I hope it performs as you want to and im eager to see how you like it. Im not a fan of hg. Its hard for me to buy a quality build with the lower quality transistors now
Im shying away from pill amps but found a soft spot for the no name 4 pill yesterday. I needed a back up/alternate amp so I can swap off every couple months or whatever. Otherwise for mo powah im leaning towards something with a russian steel tube in it. More bang for the buck I believe.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Afternoon Everyone, looking for some help, anyone know the size of the screws used for the M400 cases, left a message on the Mobi site as well but giving a shot here, regular CB radio cover screws fit but head is a bit small.. 73s all be safe you and your families.

The radio case screws have a metric 3mm shaft and a thread pitch of 0.1 mm. Radios are all made in "metric" countries now, although they refer to it as "ISO".

The amplifier's cover probably needs american size #6 with a 32 turn-per-inch thread. Commonly referred to as "6-32", as in six dash thirty two.

And no, it's not "six thirty-seconds".

If that's too big, the next likely size down is #4-40.

Both of these should show up at a local hardware store.

Afternoon Everyone, looking for some help, anyone know the size of the screws used for the M400 cases, left a message on the Mobi site as well but giving a shot here, regular CB radio cover screws fit but head is a bit small.. 73s all be safe you and your families.
Lately ive been bringing my gear right to ace and ratfukin their screw department so i know i have the right stuff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Everything is El Dead-o. Joy!
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Please advise me to what is a good replacement mic for my SR-497HPC... Answer: 497 is "wired like Cobra", so many choices available. That radio does not need a power mic, so purchase a stock "coffin style" mic with a decent cord, like the ones that Astatic uses. The Superstar DM-507 is my go-to. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3050474478...adANq91JSiEEnz8EGqPJRBloTgEyaVsBoCtoMQAvD_BwE $12.99 + .99 cent shipping.