• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Daylight savings time issues discussed.

We dont have it or want it this close to the Equator.

Agreed. We're about 300 km from the equator (but on the other side from you, VK), and we don't have it either. Don't want, need it, or care. Only hassle is that when I need to call my son, I call at 4pm when he's driving home from work. Now I have to remember to call him at 3pm.

And it has NO bearing on Autistic children WHATSOEVER! :rolleyes:

Mine are still up at the butt crack of dawn, as that's just their internal orientation. I haven't "gained" an hour of sleep since my oldest was born, 15 years ago.

They DID sleep in - for the first time ever - this spring, when it moved forward! :rolleyes:

The length of daylight is much more even throughout the year as you approach the equator. The more you go north or south the greater the difference of the length of daylight between summer and winter. I am currenty in Jamaica and the sunrise/sunset times vary by maybe seconds a day while home at 45 degrees north it changes by a few minutes each day on both ends morning and evening.

By taking an hour in the spring and giving it back in the fall they are shortening summer by an hour and making winter longer, winter is long enough without adding an hour to it.(n)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.