• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

dead key test

jim101

Nov 6, 2008
Hi I,ve been told by othr hams i,m dead keying when in fact im not im on other freq talking and there close to my home so this may be prob.Iran test with hand held no ant,and two blocks away on another freq,full scale and went several other freq.Same mo so I told them and they don,t believe me so I give up let them call fcc and i can show them.but whats wrong with folk,s if you are,nt the perfict person they run you down like dog ?? but i,ve given up on trying to please them i found others who like to talk not brow bet.:drool:(y)

If you're talking about adjacent frequency interference, then it's a matter of adequate frequency separation. There's several things that contribute to that kind of interference. If the transmitted signal is 'right' to start with, meaning not over driven or wider than typical, then distance between transmitter and receiver is the biggy along with the receiver's sensitivity. Bunch of factors in that one.

As for 'attitudes', you'll find that sort of stuff everywhere. The 'trick' is in learning to deal with it. Ain't got no answers for that one, it's up to you.
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.