• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

dead madison

rover1

Aug 8, 2005
Hi to you all i was useing my madison and when i was talking the set went dead no lights nothing . the clock still works just before this happend i had a job get the high band 27.555 etc . just had push the switch a few times . this has happend in the past but it never went dead on me . any help would be greatful. many thanks rover1 from uk. :?

Dead Presidents

First thing to check is to make sure the "CB" circuit board is getting 13.8 VDC or thereabouts. It may be simply the power supply has gone bad. If the Madison has a DC input, hook it up that way and see if it comes to life.

The next thing a "pro" would probably do is to connect an external DC power supply to the mobile power-cord socket in the rear. Then slide the AC/DC switch on the rear to the "DC" side.

If the failure is in your internal DC power supply, this bill bring back the radio.

Since that radio has a clock timer in it, this also puts the power switch inside the clock under scrutiny. I have seen those fail, from time to time. Or that AC/DC switch in back may just be getting dirty.

Hmmm.

Step 1: Open mouth.

Step 2: Remove foot.

Step 3: Read all the posts, not just the first one in the thread.

Looked at the diagram. Woulda been smart to do that sooner. The clock switch only controls the AC power. Won't keep it from working from an external DC supply. Same for the fuse in the radio. Hooked to the internal AC power pack only.

The power switch on the volume control is the only remaining weak link that fails regularly like this. That one will kill it on both AC and DC power if it fails.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.