• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Desk art from an old CBer

Brother DXer

226 - west Texas (WDX226)
Aug 20, 2022
Texas
My uncle passed away seven years ago. This was my dad's brother. He LOVED talking on the radio and did so from around 1968 to the early 1980's. I know when and why he gave it up, but I never imagined he would keep his radios. My cousin found them a few years ago, stashed in an old storage building on the family farm. We were talking about it recently and she asked if I wanted them. (Now that was a silly question :ROFLMAO:). Yes, I'll take whatever you have that's CB radio related. There are several base stations and she doesn't recall the brand and one Silver Eagle, possibly more. But this is the first one she found and shipped. 1975? Craig 4201 23 channel base station. WITH extra channels. This stuff really takes me back to some great times I had with him.

Yes, it works but needs a little spray on the channel selector. The radios my cousin sends me will probably not be used, but placed on a shelf in the radio room as art, and great memories.

I thought some of you would be entertained with the pictures. I was surprised at how clean the inside is!! I think you can click on the pic to enlarge.
73s

The pictures are; Radio - Top Side - Bottom Side - Inside showing the channel mod - And the mod switch outside

20231125_181041.jpg20231125_202133.jpg20231127_213317.jpg

20231125_202219.jpg20231125_181146.jpg

I always thought Craig made visually interesting radios. Having the street cred of being straight outta Compton doesn't hurt.
This radio is heavier than any of my other radios. Very little air flow too.. just one small vent on the bottom (2" x 3"). Which is why I'm guessing, it's so clean inside.
Ha!! I saw that right away. Craig Corp in Compton, CA.

Reactions: Eldorado828
I always liked these two - not my radios
Craig wasn't in the cb radio business very long but they Made a great product. After getting this radio, I went down a rabbit hole and got a lot of info on these. From what I found, they seem to be built very well and were reliable radios.

Reactions: tecnicoloco

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.