• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dialing in new Nikon Prostaff Scope . . .

Nice rifles DXman. Sounds like you know how to set one up right. I like the 700's as well. Great rifles.

couple more 700's in house.

700 BDL .300 Win. Magnum, detachable box magazine.

414174812.jpg

700 Classic .35 Whelen

375630574.jpg

375630575.jpg

700 BDL .30-06

411670103.jpg

Model Seven's:

Model Seven .243

414174400.jpg

Model Seven BDL .308

411681553.jpg

Have a few other Brands around as well. (y)

Some nice shooters there S&W 357, are they all yours?

I see you are also a fan of the Leupold scopes.. All mine are the 4x14 AO 50mm. I think I have about 5 of them now.

I gave the .30-06 in the factory camo stock to my youngest son. It now resides 183 miles West of me.

I gave the .270 BDL on the 4x4 with the hog to my grandson. It now resides 112 miles East of me.

They still let me look at them at times. (y)

Reactions: Redbeard U812
S&W 357,
The Remington's were the main rifles that I done the glass bedding and floating the barrels on for customers. I would also adjust the triggers, lap the scope rings and mount scopes for them. Some times I would lap the "bolt lugs" too.

Them Remington's are probably the easiest to work on!
Here are my two 22-250's that I use for coyote hunting.
Top one is excellent condition for being made in 1974. Gave $360 for it from a guy in PA. back in 1995. (That's without the scope)
View attachment 31837

(My new Air Rifle is here now, will get some pictures & post shortly - it's a FX "Crown")
want a couole more nice pellet rifles? Id trade them or sell them.got nice optics too. Rws diana 54 and rws diana 460 both are .177 real nice condition. Only reason im selling them my arthritus in my elbows is preventing me to cock them

I got a custom built savage 22-250.my smith built it to fit me.i load heavy bullits for deer in open area.if brushy hunting i grab my ancient 45/120.View attachment 31844
I like the stock!
When you say you had it custom built, what all did you have done to it? Different barrel or just the stock?

I already have a RWS model 36, had it rebuilt 4 yrs ago, it's 177.
But my new FX "Crown" is really something - more to come on that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rwb
I like the stock!
When you say you had it custom built, what all did you have done to it? Different barrel or just the stock?

I already have a RWS model 36, had it rebuilt 4 yrs ago, it's 177.
But my new FX "Crown" is really something - more to come on that.
refaced barrel to action surface,even though its a taper l9ck it wasnt square.polished inside,recrowned barrel reworked trigger then new stock.its a boyds cut to my measurements

Reactions: S&W357
You guys with the custom built rifles make me envious. Nothing like that here that I own.

The nearest thing I guess is my Harrington & Richardson 301 Ultra Rile. H&R put a few of these together in late 1960's to early 1970's using parts from various companies. I think mine is 1974 if my memory is correct.

Some were built on FN Mauser actions and some on Sako actions.

Mine was built using a Sako L61R Finnbear action and Douglas premium barrel chambered in .30-'06. Fajen Aristocrat Mannlicher stock and Williams iron sights.

413460517.jpg

411680074.jpg

407814677.jpg

407809102.jpg

408100334.jpg

You guys with the custom built rifles make me envious. Nothing like that here that I own.

The nearest thing I guess is my Harrington & Richardson 301 Ultra Rile. H&R put a few of these together in late 1960's to early 1970's using parts from various companies. I think mine is 1974 if my memory is correct.

Some were built on FN Mauser actions and some on Sako actions.

Mine was built using a Sako L61R Finnbear action and Douglas premium barrel chambered in .30-'06. Fajen Aristocrat Mannlicher stock and Williams iron sights.

413460517.jpg

411680074.jpg

407814677.jpg

407809102.jpg

408100334.jpg
thats a nice rifle,rarity can arrise as remington killed H&R off.stupid move from my point of view as remington arms are not spactacular but H&R was.i got several handi rifles all are accurate n dependable.
But yours is collector grade

Reactions: S&W357
I have my Smith-Wesson model 1500 chambered for 30.06. I'll put it up against custom rifles and it will hold the shot groupings same as the high dollar rifles.
your s&w is fine too,as a gun writer said any accurate firearm is interesting

Reactions: S&W357 and Tallman
Nice rifles Tall....made by Howa in Japan for S&W. S&W discontinued them after two years when they (S&W) decided to get out of the long gun business. Shame on S&W.
My son does the competitive shooting bit and scores high in the rankings when he competes. His rifle of choice was a Savage model 110. One of the guys he was competing against started giving him crap over his choice of rifles. Asking him questions like, What's the matter? your Pappy's squirrel gun too busy?.
My son ranked # 3 in the state after that round of competition beating the nay sayer by 9 places in the rankings. One of my son friends asked the nay sayer what do you think of that old cheap Savage Arms rifle now since he beat you by 9 positions?
The was a big "Ooooooh that hurt!" My son just said the rifle is a tool and the craftsman has to know how to use it! Another Ooooooh Ouch!
He did a series of ladder loads just for the model 110 and got the perfect round figured out for it. I taught my son everything I knew and he went far beyond my skill level.
As far as target shooting, well you can't eat those.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.