• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

did you have these in u.s ?

triple5usb

Sep 17, 2013
home same as you!
while looking for an old school mobile multimode multi block rig i dont seem to see any from my youth in u.k here but plenty of other same age u.s radios.
im talking things like
tristar 747 777
ham international (various)
hygain 5
stalker 9
lafayet 1200fm
some presidents
nato 2000
cb master
excaliber
marko

i see plenty of 40ch ssb sets which are rarely seen in uk

I had a Ham International in the late seventies, was probably my first export rig. Utilized a O2A Cybertnet designed chassis was among the worst radios I ever owned. Initially I thought I had a lemon checked with several other owners who purchased the radio at the same time it was a dog. The receiver was so bad prone to adjacent channel interference I packed it up after a couple weeks of use and gave it to a friend who expressed interest in having one. The other radios that I recall were widely available in the USA was the Nato and Excalibur.

Reactions: 1 person
hahaha thats funny!
a cb veteran recently told me how they are quite keen on finding another ham intnl
but i cant remember the model maybe a multi mode 2? i think i had one for a while i dont remember it being that bad but this was in the early 80s comparing with other radios

I had a Ham International in the late seventies, was probably my first export rig. Utilized a O2A Cybertnet designed chassis was among the worst radios I ever owned. Initially I thought I had a lemon checked with several other owners who purchased the radio at the same time it was a dog. The receiver was so bad prone to adjacent channel interference I packed it up after a couple weeks of use and gave it to a friend who expressed interest in having one. The other radios that I recall were widely available in the USA was the Nato and Excalibur.

You lasted well, I had a tristar 777, gave it away for nothing that night,was getting bleedover from other side of city and images everywhere, also cybernet chassied, they were all crap,

Only decent radios the O/P mentioned was Stalker 9 which was in the states and president range,which were also in the states (deffo in US spec but no doubt a few exports made it there too) ,and all Uniden built, the rest weren't worth importing anywhere, all cybernet bleed boxes, had a concorde 2 recently, Gave that away too.

Only radio I ever got shot of quicker was Cobra 200 GTL DX, receive was so bad and noisy,frequency counter so innacurate, ext speaker unable to drive a Cobra ext speaker,I didn't even fancy tx'ing on it,had it back in box ,shop phoned and Jackson set up to replace it in less than 15 mins,Engineer found even more faults than I did, crazy mother must have keyed up on it,lmao, first radio I've ever been scared to key up on incase it took out my psu,my house wiring,the street wiring and the national grid, what a heap of shite,worst thing was it was one of the nicest looking radios ever made, just a pity it was SHITE !!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.