• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Digital audio noise filter NR

Eldorado828

8-2-8 in the Lonestar state
Feb 21, 2016
The Lonestar State
Has anyone here tried one of these before? It has a nice price, just not sure how it stacks up to the west mountains versions. After using the nr in the Anytones, this is a must for any radio without nr.

Has anyone here tried one of these before? It has a nice price, just not sure how it stacks up to the west mountains versions. After using the nr in the Anytones, this is a must for any radio without nr.

I haven't tried this, but like yourself, I've been looking into these. I was looking more towards the speakers themselves instead of the filtering box. I'm looking for the simplest way.
I thought @whiteastro bought something like you're looking into. He may have an opinion by now. ?
The West Mountain "speaker" version is on back order but I found this one at DX Engineering.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I haven't tried this, but like yourself, I've been looking into these. I was looking more towards the speakers themselves instead of the filtering box. I'm looking for the simplest way.
I thought @whiteastro bought something like you're looking into. He may have an opinion by now. ?
The West Mountain "speaker" version is on back order but I found this one at DX Engineering.

Rod, I agree about the simplicity of the speaker but like you've discovered they aren't found. That's really why I started looking into these. Maybe this could work too?

Reactions: Brother DXer
Rod, I agree about the simplicity of the speaker but like you've discovered they aren't found. That's really why I started looking into these. Maybe this could work too?
Yes, definitely. And I may go this route when I'm ready to buy. Price wise, the stand alone speaker cost almost as much as the control unit.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.