• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dipole made from coax

Not so sure it was a dipole, but I once peeled a little over a 1/4 wavelength of braid from the center wire of rg58 and ran it up through a joint of 1/2" cpvc sticking out the far end of the pipe through a cap that had a hole drilled in the center for that purpose. I left the braid out because that's what I was told i should do. Attached coax to it, trimmed the coax center at the capped end of the pipe to bring the SWR down. It worked. I hauled it around in my work vehicle and strung it up over trees limbs at job sites so as to have better communication with my home base and friends.

If memory serves me well, I may have wrapped the braid around the extra foot of the 10' joint of cpvc. I fed the center wire into the pipe from a hole drilled into the side of the pipe a foot from the end. After peeling the core from the braid I found the braid too fragile to let dangle down without support.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.