• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DIRECT TV SAT. BOXES ???

Try an old 6000 Legacy IRD,they have better HD Picture than the new ones from the same provider.
I got 3 6000's with an Aquos Sharp HD Tv's,also Dreamboxes for FTA but the 6000's Rules!!!!

My 2 Pesos
Tecnicoloco
73 de

MPEG 2 only on 6000 Legacy,but for at least another year or 2, they will still broadcasting MPEG2 format,unless they will switch over or upgrade customer receivers,that will be costly for the company.

Regards
Tecnicoloco

JustinDePolis said:
There used to be things you could do with DirecTv, back when they were using a SLE44C processor, or ASIC, on their cards. Basically you would get an EPROM dump, change a few things, like the tiers, etc, and you were good to go. There were ways even to prevent ECM's, or electronic counter measures. Now there's ways, but unless you speak HEX, it's not really something for the average person.

Dish has some ways, but I will NOT get into that on this forum, but you have to have a certain card, and deal with rolling keys, etc.

The FTA is a good way to go, and it receives about everything for free... BUT here's the catch. There isn't that much that's free. Most of everything is encrypted, and you either need to update the firmware in the box so that it can decode the signals, and in some cases use an access card in a card reader and connect that to the serial port, as well as do a few other goodies as well.

I do not condone this activity, just passing along information.

Your not very well versed with hacking satellite now, are ya.

FTA has started to use that grey area, like the export radios do, to import their receivers into the US. Once they get here, they have 9 pin serial ports on the back to "upgrade" the firmware.

The firmware is usually now autorolling (meaning it picks up the BEV and DISH network keys automagically), the newest receivers get the channel guides downloaded from the birds, they have TiVO built in, run linux and basically kick ass.

I started hacking tv with DirecTV (FTA boxes (a very limited few) actually hack the new dtv stream as well) when the F card was the card given in the box. Watched as it went to the H, then the "unhackable" hu (yeah, right), and finally the newest card (which to date, they haven't had a dump of).f

Dish, via FTA, will get you litereally > 1000 channels. My receiver has the capabilities to do 4000 channels in it, and I have > 1000 slots now filled.

Anywho.... Thought I'd bring ya up to speed.

--Toll_Free

although mPeg 2 gets some of the high definition programing
all newest channels is availible with use of mPeg ob4 box
(mPeg for is back compatible to mPeg 2)

so dish network says simply to those who use their service
that they (their customers) need to upgrade (at customers expence) to the newer mPeg 4 recievers

is why i asked if any of the FTA boxes yet (i know they are on the way very soon if not already availible) with mPEG 4 is out yet

Thanks
Bob

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.