• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Does it ever Stop

Ouch! I've done such things to myself in the past. Hope it heals quickly.
(oh, and get some help next time)
Congratulations on the Flex 5000. I bought myself a Christmas present just before
the end of the year. (and work slowed down) I have been interested in SDR and was looking at getting a Flex SDR-1000 or a Flex 1500. Finally got off the fence and bought
a brand new Flex 1500. Turns out to be one fun rig. Some guys I talk to regularly on 40 meters couldn't believe that I was only running 5 watts into my 80 meter dipole (at 30') with a MFJ-986 tuner.
When I first tried it, the only response I got was "someone has a LOT of RF on their signal". I had been playing with the mic gain and thought I needed a lot. I turned it down and was told to keep doing what I was doing. Dropped it to about 10 on the scale and everyone said it sounded great. One guy all but called me a liar for saying I was only running 5 watts and no amp!
It is really amazing what the receiver on the Flex is capable of. I plan to get a 3000 one of these days. Or, just invest in a good amp for the 1500.
trucker

I can do a live stream demo easy enough, would just have to schedule it when the majority can watch live and ask me to do things, then it would save it as a video on the live stream site.

As for the spur that use to be there on my old 1000, I no longer see it. It wasn't an issue on the 1000 as it stayed stationary no matter where you moved it was always there about 10kc down.

I will start up a new thread for a live Flex 5000 demo and maybe we can do it Saturday afternoon. We can check conditions and I can bounce around the bands. Maybe even get a QSO with someone from the site.

I'll start the new thread !

Craig

Reactions: 1 person
New thread is started and I did a little testing on the Livestream site. I dont like the audio on livestream it gets out of sync with the view of Powersdr. I am going to do some testing with UStream.tv and try and figure out what will be the better service..

Craig

Right now the livestream is Flex 5000 - live streaming video powered by Livestream there are a couple of test videos posted already.

Yeeeoow! I thought mine was bad. :eek:
6246d1324957208t-1000-mfj-balun-thumb_qrz.jpg

You Win!!

That was in my recent post http://www.worldwidedx.com/general-ham-radio-discussion/131761-1000-mfj-balun.html

Maybe the administrators should start a "show us your antenna injury" area.

The hand was doing so well today and 50 degree weather prompted me to finish the antenna work. All done and they are back up and operational...

IMG_0007resize.jpg

I think I'll pass on that "Show US Your Antenna Injury (or any other kind!)" idea. That sort of thingy seems to turn into a "mine's bigger/smaller/better/worst than yours" contest and I've no desire to ever win that sort'a contest!
Craig - Looks like it's coming along (the thumb and the antennas). Do I 'feel for you'? Hell no! I ain't too smart, but I ain't that stupid. I hate it when 'they' left those stitches in a little too long and it hurts when they remove them. When people ask how you did that, tell'em you were having this sword fight and slipped. Or it's a paper-cut from that huge 'incentive' check they sent you...
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.