• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Double or triple trunk tracking?

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
What is the difference? Im looking for a new handheld and seen double and triple tracking whats the difference i understand a bit what trunking is frequency groups that are shared but is there a huge difference between double and triple? I have a friend that just has top have my old scanner hes nailing me with email everyday so I may sell it to him and just buy a new one I had this handheld since the mid 1990s so Ill get a new one I dont care.

find out which trunking system the service you will be listening to and get a scanner that receives that system. There are at least 3 systems, maybe more by now, but you won't need to pay more for a triple tracker if a double tracker will cover your areas frequencies. You can find out what you need at RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference go to the database, click your state, then your county, and it will tell you what is in your area.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.