• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dual band yagi

74IN

Feb 17, 2003
Labia
Using a square AU boom, can I put 70cm and 2M on opposite sides with dipole driven elements?

Will the mast be a problem on the mounted side? Vertical mounting.

So far as I understand, this should work.

Also you can mount them 'intertwined' crossed at 90deg to each other and won't have any issues, but you'll have one at one polarization and one at the other.

Thanks.

Just noticed two antenna sections and I went in the wrong one lol

I made a six element 2m Yagi using AU angle for the boom and insulated the driven dipole with plexiglass. Worked fine.

I'll post pics when I get it done.

2 meters and 70 cm will work together just like an HF tri-bander. Wanna point them 180 degrees from each other? Have at it, it'll work. Both on the same boom and pointed in the same direction? Same thing, it'll work fine. Not much point in a 90 degree off set, it'll work, but then you get to keep up with what direction do I point it for which band type of thingy. Which ever way you wanna do it.
- 'Doc

I bet someone has done it, I'd like to see a vhf or uhf beam that has a small rotor to spin it 90 degrees to be used for verticle and horizontal.

I'd bet it's just not very cost effective.

A 'polarity' changing antenna? I once saw one of those thingys a lot of years ago. Not VHF, but HF, believe it or not. Took two ropes, two 'lever-arms', and a trip out to the tower to do it. Pull on one rope and the boom swiveled from horizontal to vertical. Pull the other rope and it went back to what it was. Sort of like one of those 'armstrong' rotors. Did it work? Yep! Was it worth it? I'm not real sure (not to me, I'm too lazy). Sure was cheap though, have to admit that. If you should ever use this modified 'armstrong' elevation rotor method, I'd really enjoy seeing pictures!
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.