• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

dualband Antenna

Jonc

Nov 16, 2010
Oxnard, CA
so this might be a stupid question but im new here so go easy on me please.
Im trying to set up some antennas on my roof of my house, I have a pole on my roof already that has a scanner antenna and a 2.4ghz antenna for my wifi. But what i want to know is if there is a single antenna that i can use for CB 11meter as well as VHF transmitting?

Probably, but I'm unaware of one that would not require a tuner for good performance. A cheaper idea might be an 11M antenna and a homemade JPole for VHF One can be made for 25$ or less and has decent performance. Google "JPOLE VHF".

alrite thank you!
ya im thinking of just buying an Imaxx 2000 for the 11meter band then a onmi VHF antenna. Any suggestions for a VHF?

"VHF" is generally defined as from being 30 to 300 MHz - a 10:1 spread. If you're just looking for an omnidirectional receiving antenna, just about anything will work. If you plan to transmit, however, you're going to have to narrow things down a bit and decide which portion of that spectrum to center things on.

No single transmitting antenna can efficiently cover a 10:1 spectrum width, whether HF, or VHF, or UHF, without the ability to adjust its length, the size of its ground plane, and all of the other factors.

well i just went a bought myself a discone antenna from radio shack, probably not the best im sure it'll do for now. i have read in different forums the some poeple use the discone antennna from radio shack for 11meter transmitting as well as in the 150mhz.
would that be alrite to use it for both bands?

I know they will work on low power on 54 mhz ( 6 meters) but i do not know about 27 megs..... you could try I guess, do you have a SWR meter?
Not going to be very effective, you could build a dipole out of a couple steel whips that would probably out perform it.

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.