• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Duplexer RF cable, RG241S or LMR400

ke7vvt

May 15, 2009
Fellows,

RG241S, Davis RF Co. - Coax Cables

Or LMR400, Davis RF Co. - Amateur Products, Low-Loss Braided Coaxes (I am using LMR400 as antenna feedline, about 30 feet)

Or RG400, Davis RF Co. - Amateur Products, Teflon Coax

The duplexer "jumper" cables in between my cavities is pretty much shot. I was going to just get LMR400 to make the jumpers out of. Even though it is a solid core, I'm pretty sure the curves won't hurt it. But our CTO says that there is some sort of voodoo with LMR400 and duplexer cables, and the best way to go is with an RG241S or RG400 cable. I argued about this with him for a while, saying that I wanted some sort of evidence that there was voodoo and wondering where he heard it. I don't recall how he did it, but somehow we have an order for RG241S...

Thoughts on the subject?

Thanks,
John M.

Other then differences in velocity factor that would affect the lengths of certain tuned jumpers, I see no differences in these cables over short lengths. They all have similar double shielding for isolation between cables in RF environments. Anytime someone tells me voodoo is involved with making a decision but can't explain any reasoning behind it, that sets my BS detector off.

Moleculo, 145.650 - 145.250 MHz specifically

Beetle, yeah 214s

Shockwave, yeah mine went off too. But somehow he convinced me...

The duplexer data sheet says use RG-9 or RG-142, but I don't see that on Davis RF. I'm going to get the RG214s with some Amphenol UHF connectors and do my best.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.