• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DX from Holland to USA from mobile station

R

roscoePcoltrane

He made contact with CB radio from his car to USA, he started recording after he allready had some contact, you see them getting lost signal.

Link to the clip: https://tinyurl.com/y4geczl3

It's been a number of years since I had a mobile setup, but back in the day I talked all over, including internationally, from my old GMC truck. At various times I used a Cobra 148GTL, an RCI-2970, and a TRC-449, with a Palomar 200 under the seat and a 108 inch whip on the front bumper of the truck. There were some select spots near the Ocean where I would park and would often get out better than I did from my home QTH !

Just got an Anytone 6666 and it's going into my Rav4 today, so I will once again have a mobile setup. Gonna be fun !

Reactions: Riverman
It was fairly common back then to do a bumper mount. Those darn things were so long they would take out the lights in parkades and tear off small overhanging branches as you drove down the road LOL! But they work really really well for a mobile antenna !

It was fairly common back then to do a bumper mount. Those darn things were so long they would take out the lights in parkades and tear off small overhanging branches as you drove down the road LOL! But they work really really well for a mobile antenna !
Oh yeah. Saw them on the back bumper plenty. Just never saw one on the front.

Reactions: BC Coyote
I have worked Japan, Argentina, most of Europe, and Hawaii all mobile.
I also have worked many country's from the mobile.
Japan, Taiwan, (both AM & FM), S. Africa, Asiatic Russia, Chile, Cook Islands, Indonesia, Marianas Islands & many many more from Europe.
These contacts were in a 1982 F-150 with Predator 10K hard mounted to roof and 300 Messenger amp.

And yes, all on 11 meters!

I worked Japan, Australia, New Zealand, a few other south pacifics.. Hawaii, all over the Caribbean & south America, many European countries and south Africa from my mobile on the last cycle. 2950 driving an old Texas Star killer bee into a 108 inch whip. Breedlove ball mounted to the rear quarter panel of a 94 Honda Accord... on 11 meter ssb. That was a lot of good memories!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.